Are Texas Defensive Driving Groupons A Scam?
The Truth About DD Course Discounts
Groupons are Great
In 2008, three creative guys from Chicago created a way for thousands of people to save money on restaurants, entertainment, and services by convincing companies to offer internet discounts to the public. Since then, millions of people in 15 countries have discovered new businesses, eaten at new restaurants, and even jumped out of airplanes on the cheap. But can you find deals for defensive driving? Let’s find out.
Groupons for Defensive Driving Aren't So Great
Can I let you in on a little secret? When it comes to the pricing of defensive driving, Texas is unique from every other state in that they set a legal minimum price for a course. That price? $25 dollars.
So how does Groupon do it? By advertising that the “regular price” for defensive driving is 25% to 50% higher than the state minimum $25 dollars. Then they offer a Groupon for 25% to 50% off that price. The end result? You still pay $25, and you’re out the cost of the Groupon!
Save Yourself Some Time, Money, and Hassle!
There are two ways you can get started on getting rid of your ticket. You could—
- Go to Groupon.com
- Search for deals on Texas defensive driving
- Compare and select a deal
- Buy it
- Navigate to the course provider’s site
- Hope that it’s not too hard to figure out how to redeem your shiny new Groupon
- Try not to kick yourself when you realize you have still paid $25 for the course, plus the cost of the Groupon